To meet the presumptive exposure requirements of an Expedited Review, the claimant must show by credible evidence, for any or all Disease Levels, USG Company Exposure and Significant Occupational Exposure as defined in section 5.7(b) of the TDP. If a claimant cannot meet the presumptive exposure criteria, the claimant may seek Individual Review.
USG Company Exposure must include the following:
- Claimant must demonstrate credible exposure, which occurred prior to December 31, 1982, to asbestos or asbestos containing products supplied, manufactured, installed, maintained, or repaired by USG and/or any entity, including a USG contracting unit, for which USG has legal responsibility.
- Worked at an approved USG site prior to December 31, 1982, in proximity of USG manufactured products, or in the proximity of the performance of services by a USG entity, including a USG contracting unit.
- For sites that are not on the USG job site list, the Trust will consider the following:
- An affidavit, sales, construction, employment, or other similar records that establishes that their product was present at the time of the alleged exposure
* If a claimant’s alleged exposure to A.P. Green (a former subsidiary of USG) asbestos or asbestos-containing products occurred only on or after January 2, 1968, but the claimant believes the claim qualifies as a PI Trust claim because legal responsibility for the exposure arose prior to that date, the claimant must submit his or her PI Trust claim for Individual Review (IR) on the issue pursuant to Section 5.3(b) of the TDP.
Significant Occupational Exposure means employment for a cumulative period of at least five years with a minimum of two years prior to December 31, 1982, in an industry and an occupation in which the claimant:
a) Handled raw asbestos fibers on a regular basis;
b) Fabricated asbestos-containing products so that the claimant in the fabrication process was exposed on a regular basis to raw asbestos fibers;
c) altered, repaired or otherwise worked with an asbestos-containing product such that the claimant was exposed on regular basis to asbestos fibers; or
d) was employed in an industry and occupation such that the claimant worked on a regular basis in close proximity to workers engaged in the activities described in (a), (b) and/or (c).